K I L may block or terminate your access to the Site at its sole discretion if you violate these Terms or use the Site in an unacceptable manner.
This link leads to machine-readable files available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule. These files include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. Researchers, regulators, and application developers may access and analyze this data through the provided link.
Copyright © 2023 Karma Injury Law, P.A. All rights reserved. All materials presented on this site are copyrighted and owned by Karma Injury Law, P.A., unless in the public domain or attributed to another source. Republishing, transmitting, reproducing, downloading, storing, or distributing all or part of any materials found on this site is expressly prohibited without prior written permission. To request permission for the use of our copyrighted materials, please contact us through the provided contact information.
The types of personal information we collect depend on the services you request and, if you are a client, the nature of our representation, or your case. The following categories provide examples of the types of personal information we may collect about you:
– Contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, job title, and organization.
– Identifiers, such as client ID, username, IP address, device ID, and other online identifiers that may be collected automatically when you use the Platform.
– Demographic information, such as date of birth, and general location information like city, state, and geographic area.
– Government ID numbers, such as Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, and other identification information.
– Financial information, including financial account numbers, wiring instructions, insurance policy numbers, invoices, and other payment or bank account details.
– Medical information, such as doctor’s notes, treatment plans, medical conditions, prescription medicines, insurance documentation, doctor visit information, daily symptom reporting, and other related records and information.
– Precise physical location, which we may collect via the App if you consent to such collection.
– Biometric information, such as facial scans or fingerprint scans, if you opt-in to using this information for logging in or authenticating your account on the App.
– Representation information, including details about your claim, case, or other legal matter, as well as the distribution of settlements or other payments to you (if applicable).
– Account information, such as the username and password you provide when you register for an account, and any information stored or transmitted in your account or profile.
– Communications, such as phone calls or emails between you and us, confidential and privileged communications with our attorneys, and your conversations with our digital chat services.
– Online activity information, such as visited pages, time spent on pages, navigation paths between pages, and access times.
– Device information is collected automatically, including computer and mobile operating system, operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
– Job application information, such as your resume or CV, background check information, references, and other related information.
– Employment information, including job title, role, employer, employment history, current or past job history, and other professional information.
– Education records, such as transcripts or education history.
– Profiles reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
We may collect the categories of personal information described above from the following sources:
We collect personal information that you provide to us while using our Platform, including when you contact us, create an account, apply for a position, or otherwise engage with us. Some portions of the Services may be used by active KIL clients to communicate pursuant to an attorney/client relationship. You may choose whether or not to provide such information; however, it may be required to respond to your request.
We and our third-party providers may use technologies like cookies and other tracking mechanisms to collect personal information automatically about you. This information includes geolocation data, online identifiers, device information, and online activity information.
– Pixels: Pixels, also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” are used to determine whether a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or if certain content was viewed or clicked. This data is used to compile statistics about website usage and email campaign success.
– SDKs: Software development kits, or “SDKs,” are third-party computer codes used with the App for various purposes, such as analytics, social media integration, feature enhancement, or online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via the App.
We may also collect or receive personal information from third parties, including:
– Our business partners, such as third-party data providers and advertising partners.
– Public sources, such as social media platforms and publicly-available records.
– Individuals or entities involved in our clients’ legal matters, such as doctors, other parties, or individuals you may direct to provide us with information.
– Referral sources, including members of our referral network, website submissions, and other referral sources.
We use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including but not limited to:
– Providing our Platform and services, such as facilitating requests for a free case evaluation, offering legal and other services, managing and monitoring user accounts, and responding to inquiries.
– Sending marketing communications, newsletters, legal updates, and event information that may interest you.
– Conducting research and development to improve our Platform and services.
– Handling hiring processes, including recruitment, evaluation, background checks, and reference checks.
– Ensuring compliance, protecting against fraud, enforcing our legal rights, and protecting the safety and security of the Platform.
– Conducting interest-based advertising and personalizing your experience on the Platform.
– For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share personal information with various categories of recipients for the purposes described above. These recipients may include:
– Service Providers: We may share personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in delivering our services. These service providers may include IT support, marketing services, payment processors, and other service providers necessary for our operations.
– Other Law Firms or Lawyers: We may share information with other law firms or lawyers when jointly representing clients or referring cases to other counsel.
– Authorities, Law Enforcement, and Others: We may share personal information when required to do so by law, legal process, or regulation, including to comply with government requests, investigations, and legal proceedings.
– Business Transactions: We may share personal information as part of corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, or asset sales.
– Advertising Partners: We may share information for advertising purposes, including with advertising networks, analytics providers, and advertising partners.
– Professional Advisors: We may share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
– Consent: We may share personal information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
You have choices regarding your personal information:
– Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication.
– Text Messages: If you receive text messages from us and wish to stop receiving them, you can reply STOP to the message to unsubscribe.
– Cookies: You can manage your cookie preferences in your web browser settings to accept or decline cookies. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, certain features of the Platform may not function properly.
– Advertising Choices: You can limit interest-based advertising by adjusting your preferences through the AdChoices program or opting out through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
– Declining to Provide Information: You may choose not to provide certain personal information, but this may limit your ability to use specific features of the Platform or receive certain services.
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information. However, no security system is completely impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to use caution when sharing personal information online.
We do not monitor or follow Do Not Track browser requests.
If you access the Platform from outside the United States, please note that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using the Platform, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other locations outside your home country, where our servers and facilities may be located.
The Platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under this age. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child under 16, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
If you are a resident of Georgia, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information under applicable state and local laws. These rights may include the right to access and request deletion of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We are committed to respecting your privacy rights and will not discriminate against you for exercising them.
Karma Injury Law
1430 W Peachtree St NW, Ste 100
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: +1 (678) 607-8312
LAST UPDATED: October 2023